Tuesday 28 October 2008

Pilfered Marketing Post

"I'm not a coward I've just never been tested---I'd like to think that if I was I'd pass."
-The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Impression That I Get
So agent/super-blogger Nathan Bradsford had a bunch of great guest posts on his blog last week, and I'm going to link to one of them because it was just that good. It's a post about marketing/pr written by an author who also runs a book marketing firm. Given that, you have to take her words with a grain of salt, but the statistics she has are very interesting, and her opinion reinforces mine (that advance money is better spent when invested in the success of your book than on a new washer/dryer unit) so I felt obligated to link her.

...in other news, I got my novel approved as my creative writing thesis yesterday. Should be in for a very productive semester this spring. Hazah!

No comments: