Monday 2 June 2008

10 Years?!

I was doing my daily blog-post reading today, and I came across this picture at the Guide to Literary Agents:



Looks like just another post from BEA (Book Expo America, I believe), which is all anyone is posting about lately because it's a huge tradeshow and just about everyone who's involved in the publishing industry seems to be there. But can you spot what's wrong with this picture? With the help of MS paint, let me help...


10 years!! It's been 10 years since Harry Potter was published! Forget how old that makes me, let's think about what that means...we've had a full decade of Potter mania, and of one series single-handedly causing massive ups and downs in publishing sales figures. What the heck are we going to do now that it's over? My personal thoughts about Harry Potter and its dastardly success aside (well, at least until tomorrow, probably...;-p), when will I next have to drive my little sister to the grocery store at midnight so that she can have a book the minute it goes on sale?

I can't believe it lasted that long....10 years is a crazy amount of time for anything to hold the attention of the whole world, let alone a book.

No comments: