Tuesday 26 August 2008

Updated!

"Dear Lord, you just took so many of my people and I'm wondering why..."- The Game, My Life


Updated the sidebar links in the blog today, so go check out some of the new highlights if you're interested, and definitely go check out Tor.com, which is an awesome fantasy blog I picked up this summer that's run by Tor.

In other news, I'm finally submitting my WoW fanfic story today...in four parts, because it's too long, and I ran into an interesting moment.

The story isn't perfect. It's not the best thing I've ever written, and it's not earth-shattering. But it's not bad, either, and I really don't see the potential for it to get much better. I told the story I had to tell, and it's time to cut my losses on it and move on.

This is interesting for me because it's something I haven't done a lot of with my writing. My novel, as I've said, has been rewritten a bunch of times, and fiddled with even more often than that. I refuse to abandon it because I love it too much, and I know that the story is solid, even if my execution isn't always there.

I'm not entirely sure where I was going with this, but I guess my point is that it's worth taking the time to evaluate which of your writing projects really matter to you, and which are okay to leave imperfect.

No comments: