Wednesday 27 August 2008

Writer's Market and GLA

"Radio, play my favorite song..."
-The Smashing Pumpkins, I of the Mourning

I'm taking the day off blogging, more or less, in an attempt to try and get through as much of my remaining summer research as possible.

...but I did find this interesting post at the Guide to Literary Agents blog that describes a bit of how that book and Writer's Market are put together. If you're not familiar with these books, they're great tools when you're looking for representation or a place to sell a short story. I've spent hours in front of various copies of them with a highlighter picking out where I was going to submit to.

Anyway, long story short it's interesting to get a glimpse of how they put those books together...and I'm becoming more and more convinced of the wisdom of subscribing to their online database when the time comes for me to start submitting again.

No comments: